Editing is my least favorite task of the writing process.
Different things happen during the editing process I dislike the most:
- changing repeated words
- eliminating character’s names when mentioned too often
- eliminating moving body parts (yes folks, I tend to have moving body parts in my descriptions, which make me laugh when my editor points them out)
Some of the ones I actually enjoy fixing are:
- changing a sentence from telling to showing
- providing a better explanation of something that happens
- getting rid of inconsistencies
Because I don’t really like editing, I seem to find all kinds of excuses to keep me from the task. I need to buckle down and finish the second round of edits for Incantation Paradox if I really want to publish before year’s end.